We have split the list into different areas in order to make it easier to find the conversation you want to take part in.
Support needs list for chronic pain
The needs on this page come from initial research and a fully approved and expanded version will form part of the second standardised list. We welcome additions to and comments on these needs from those whose lived experience means they have needs relating to speech and language. This list does not include, at this point, those needs covered elsewhere.
Writing to me
- I need longer notice of deadlines (specify time – give a choice)
- I need you to list the actions you need me to take, and to prioritise them
- I need calls to be made at a particular time of day
- I need appointments to be made at a particular time of day
- I may need to cancel an appointment at very short notice. Do not react negatively
Using your Service
- I need you not to exclude me from access to products or deals on a first come first served basis
- I need you to extend the period of limited time offers and deals (such as the date for which vouchers are valid, and the period of flash sales)
- I need more login attempts before I am locked out of my account for an incorrect entry
- I need longer before you log me out for inactivity
If there are support needs you would like to suggest, you can email us on email@example.com or leave a comment for discussion on this page.
We view all comments before they are published to sure they meet the project’s code of conduct, which you can view here. We welcome open discussion, but it is important that for safety and data protection reasons we moderate comments that may contain sensitive personal information. We are also aware that many people are, with very good reason, angry about past and present experiences. This project is aimed at improving experiences, but to do that it is important to maintain dialogue in a respectful way. We also recognise that power does not rest equally between all stakeholders in this project, and do not wish those who might be perceived as having more power to be seen as intimidating those who have less.
What kind of support need are we looking for you to suggest?
- specific – specific enough that if someone is told, they will know what action to take
- include any additional information that might be helpful – such as assistive technology that you know/use, or particular ways that organizations have met that need that have really worked